Saturday, July 11, 2009

Too Long! Too long! TOOOO LONG!

Hello. I said I would write again after I had survived the end of the school year. Well…its been a teency few more days than that, but here I am, alive and well. Yes, I just used teency, deal with it.

First, some superficial losses to discuss.

  1. Weight. I’ve shed roughly 20 pounds since I began taking a look at calories and being more active/ running around instead of couching it all day. Its good, though I still have a long way to go. Continuing to eat smart and make good food decisions won’t be a problem for me, but keeping myself active will. DAMN YOU LAZYNESS WHY DO YOU TEMPT ME SO?!

  1. Hair. On the afternoon of June 20, I entered into a hair salon and requested a 3 inch trim. I was scalped, looked like a douche bag with a bowl cut, and thus had to take the rest off. As of today, it has grown out a bit, and I have for the most part adapted to it, though its still weird city!
The newly emoed me.

Now, I have gained some things as well. I’ve gained some new friends, and some new experiences. For instance, last night I played hand drums (and foot tambourine?) at the Shabbat Services held at the 6th and I synagogue in DC. It was a whim that originated through Twitter, created some nervousness, but ended up beautifully! I played with a rabbi from Yale named Lauren. She was extremely kind and immediately likeable. Her baby girl Noa(h) was way cute but super shy around me and my loud drummingness. Thus continues small children being frightened of me?

I’ve spent great nights all over the place the last few weeks: dinners in Dupont, concerts in Vienna, botanical garden picture safaris, and frustratingly rewarding adventures abound.

So dare I ask, how are you?

3 comments:

  1. Thank god you're back to your blog...the internet was a wasteland without you...

    comments:
    1. awesome about the weight...try jazzercize to keep active...or sweatin' to the oldies

    2. 3" of hair makes me jealous

    3. sounds pretty neat about the hand drums

    4. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! (see title of this blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. word on the street has it that WII fit is pretty awesome. Not awesome rossome, but awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're doing super well! I can't wait to see you in NoVa later this week.

    ReplyDelete