Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Iran

Totally mesmerized and a bit freaked by what is going on in Iran. I just keep wondering...is this what should have happened in the US 8 years ago?

To be specific, I am mesmerized by the passion of these people. Not just protesting, but fighting for what they believe in. In America, we can become so apathetic to the workings of our government and had become so used to being screwed over, that even the peaceful protests which occured were considered to be full of "radicals." Maybe it just felt that way in my little wreck of a house in Blacksburg. I know I wish I had been in the scrum in DC on inauguration day 8 years ago, that's for sure.

The death toll is scary. Any death toll is scary. If it was falsified election results, what is going to keep the govt. there from killing more people to hold onto their place?

No comments:

Post a Comment